Technical Designer: Mens
TECHNICAL DESIGNER: MENS
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, USA
- Compile information on all jewelry components including fit, materials, construction, and trim into fit comment document/spec sheet.
- Create new products from initial concepts through sample development and production.
- Inspect samples received from proto stage to TOP samples in a timely manner.
- Check construction and quality of product to ensure sample has proper construction for garment category and fabrication.
- Ability to communicate fit and balance issues via easily understandable fit comments through written and visual methods.
- Execute fit comments in a timely manner to ensure the fit process stays in line with production and action timelines.
- Review fit samples with Tech Design Manager during fit sessions on live model or mannequin.
- Cross-examine sample against information in the Tech Pack and against the previous sample to ensure consistency and call out any discrepancies to the team.
- Document clear and precise notes for any changes to the garments during fit sessions.
- Update Tech Packs with the most current information for BOM, construction notes, measurements, label placements, and design sketches after each fitting if necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functioning teams to gain clear direction of fit intent and to ensure wash and fabric aesthetic is achieved.
- Escalate issues to superior for input and direction.
- Maintain professional and timely email correspondence with domestic & oversea vendors
- Identify potential product, quality and costing issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product to ensure product areas are maintained with cross-functional team.
- Understanding in flat jewelry measuring, jewelry construction, quality control/assurance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the jewelry industry as a Technical Designer.
- Understanding of the apparel design and development process from inception through production.
- Must be proficient with knowledge and skill in fit and pattern corrections, grading, construction manufacturing methods, sewing, and technical drawing.
- Experience in grading and ability to understand grade rules for Men’s categories.
- Experience in leading live fittings and evaluate overall fit with ability to make necessary pattern corrections to achieve the desired fit.
- Knowledge and proven success in technical design and pattern making for the Men’s market and product categories carried by Strizze.
- Desire to learn and grow individual skills in Technical Design and surrounding departments.
- Knowledge of preparing and writing product specification sheets.
- Clear communication of Fit comments and Fit corrections to send to Factory on a regular basis.
- Proficient computer skills, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint )
- Plus, if you have experience in CAD Patternmaking systems, specifically Gerber Accumark.
- Ability to quickly and effectively identify apparel flaws and/or possible production issues.
- Ability to prioritize work and follow instructions
- Team-oriented; ability to excel in a team-based structure.
- Strong communication skills (Verbal and Written) and organizational skills
- Self-starter, multi-task oriented and the ability to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Employee Discount
- Full health care coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401k Match
- Catered lunches and company parties
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Fun and friendly environment