BUSINESS SYSTEMS MANAGER
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
About the Role
Strizze is seeking a Manager of our BSA team, a 24/7 group that develops and maintains our warehouse management systems, including the timely and accurate processing of data, and system analysis for improving warehousing and transportation efficiencies.
You will oversee the IT related business needs that may include Oracle NetSuite (ERP), Warehouse Management System (High jump), Pick Module (COFE), and e-commerce platforms systems that support business processing for finance, sales, purchasing, and logistics while building and maintaining a positive relationship between IT and business areas, and ensure timely support of day-to-day business processing needs. You must be able to balance workload between in-house and outsourced resources and manage the ongoing business systems related projects.
- Recommend enhancements and controls by identifying problems, proposing modifications and driving results towards solutions
- Support the Distribution Centers 24/7 operation in regards to the Highjump WMS, WCS, and COFE Pick systems
- Document existing procedures and data structure for knowledge sharing and reference
- Prepare technical reports and data sets through direct database SQL queries
- Analyze patterns and trends to proactively document errors and diagnose inter-system communication issues
- Manage projects and track progress; provide clear communication of updates and meet deadlines
- Communicate often and effectively with team members, product managers, project managers, and with vendors
- Implementation of New Technology and Systems
- Maintain inventory integrity between WMS and other systems
- Document requirements and provide detailed Architecture Designs
- Provide first line system and IT support for our WMS platform
- Increase application stability
- Guide our engineering and product partners in the ideation and building phases of projects in order to ensure warehouse operations’ needs and requirements are being considered
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent 4-year experience as Business Systems Analyst or related field
- 8+ years of WMS experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL queries required
- Comfortable executing SQL commands
- Highly capable with Excel data mapping and handling
- Familiar with WMS software (High Jump Preferred)
- Familiar with Enterprise Applications such as NetSuite, WS, e-commerce Platforms
- Expertise with core fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming
- Fundamental understanding of relational databases
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Ability to motivate others with strong conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Proactive nature
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In specific assignments, an employee may occasionally work near moving equipment and have an increased risk of exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, biological hazards, airborne fumes, outdoor weather conditions and loud, prolonged noise.
- Able to reach and extend both arms to full length without restrictions.
- Able to bend, twist, reach, and lift to 25 lbs without restrictions.
- Able to work with both hands without restrictions.
- Able to stand/sit for long periods (8-12 hours) without restrictions.
- Ability to ascend and descend staircases without restrictions.
- Employee Discount
- Full health care coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401k Match
- Catered lunches and company parties
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Fun and friendly culture